The Occasional Epicure

Occasional updates on my eating and cooking adventures...

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Wine Blogging Wednesday #12 - Drink Local. Real Local.

This is the NV Rosé Pinot Noir Chardonnay Sparkling from Sirromet, a winery on Brisbane's eastern outskirts.



It's pretty to look at and refreshing to drink. It's perfect for a celebration, even if you're just celebrating the end of another working day! It retails for about $16 a bottle.

You can visit the cellar door at Sirromet and taste ten wines for $5. The day we did this I didn't learn very much about wine. This was not through any lack of knowledge on the part of our tasting expert, rather it was because we were there for a friend's hens party and we're really paying much attention.

In summary, I don't know very many technical things to say about wine, but I do know that I like this Rosé!

Cheers!

Check out the Wine Blogging Wednesday roundup at Lenndevours.

6 Comments:

  • At 10:01 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HI Kelly - is there a secret way of reading your WBW post. I can't make out the light print against the dark background on the lower part of the post. I have heard of Sirromet which I believe T E Morris(the owner?) reversed. Would love to hear your impression of the wine.

     
  • At 12:11 pm, Blogger Kelly said…

    Hi Barbara, eek! I can see all the text perfectly, so I'm not sure what to advise you! It should be brown text on a light pink background. Let me know how you go.

    I've also heard that's how the winery got its name. I presume it's true! :)

    I can't claim to be any kind of wine connoisseur, so my impressions are probably not very professional! All I can say is that I enjoy it. It doesn't taste too sweet or too dry (to me anyway!) and it goes down very nicely!

     
  • At 2:14 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Kelly
    I only just recently rectified my template. For some reason mine wasn't viewing well in Firefox either.
    After about 3 hours of staring and comparing (trust me, I almost got violent with the computer), I finally worked out I was missing a couple of (forward slash)div [Blogger won't let me write the real coding!) tags at the very bottom of the template.
    Try inserting two more (forward slash)div tags before the "End #sidebar" line...
    Hope this works for you!

     
  • At 4:32 pm, Blogger Kelly said…

    Thanks AG, I will have a fiddle around with the good old template tonight!

     
  • At 5:40 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great Kelly I can read it now. I love Rosé wine so I'm looking forward to summer here.

     
  • At 10:26 am, Blogger Kelly said…

    Hi Barbara, glad it's working now!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home