The Occasional Epicure

Occasional updates on my eating and cooking adventures...

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Fish Frenzy, Hobart

While RJ and I were honeymooning in Tasmania in May we were fortunate enough to stumble across Hobart's best fish and chip shop, Fish Frenzy.


Fish Frenzy interior


It's official!

The menu was extensive, but we couldn't go past the "Fish Frenzy" which comprised two pieces of crumbed fish, scallops, calamari and chips - all for the bargain price of $13.50! The food arrived promptly and tasted delicious. I remember that the two pieces of fish weren't the same, but now I can't recall what either of them was at all! And the calamari, chips and scallops were all just right.

I dislike stinginess, so I was delighted at the generous quantities of lemon. There was plenty to squeeze into my glass of water! And...after we'd started eating I decided that I'd like to try some chilli and lime mayo, which was 50 cents for a little tub. The nice Fish Frenzy man refused to let me pay for it! Top marks for generosity!


Our lunches

So if you find yourself in Hobart, make sure you visit Fish Frenzy. The service, food and atmosphere were all fantastic!

Fish Frenzy
Elizabeth Street Pier
Sullivans Cove
Hobart
Phone 03 6231 2134

4 Comments:

  • At 10:15 pm, Blogger eat stuff said…

    YUUUMMMMMM!!!!!

     
  • At 5:51 pm, Blogger Kelly said…

    Hey AG, it is funny that we both posted on fish & chips at the same time. Coincidence #385974 :)

    Hey Clare Eats, my thoughts exactly!

     
  • At 12:23 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    One of the fish most certainly was barramundi, which they also serve as a separate plate. According the the Sydney Morning Herald, FF's got the best fish 'n chips in OZ. I'd certainly agree, given my three weeks travels in search of the best!

    Barramundi is a *great* fish--now being imported into the US, yee-hah!

    http://www.growfish.com.au/content.asp?contentid=1749

    Geo

     
  • At 2:53 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    For the inside track on the Hobart food scene, check ou the Gobbler!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home