The Occasional Epicure

Occasional updates on my eating and cooking adventures...

Sunday, July 24, 2005

A blogger by any other name would smell as sweet

Well, it didn't take me long to get sick of my dumb name BrisKJJ and wish that I'd spent a bit more time thinking up a cooler moniker. Something more like Blazing_Star_Racer (that's my cute husband, formerly known as RJ on this blog) or Jimmy Trinket (that's my friend's husband who samples my baking sometimes) would be cool.

Anyway, in the interests of keeping things simple I've decided to revert to a name I like much more. It's simple to spell, it's easy to pronounce, and it's what people have already been calling me for the past 27 years: Kelly.

Pleased to meet you!

5 Comments:

  • At 8:27 pm, Blogger eat stuff said…

    nice to meet you Kelly ;)

     
  • At 8:33 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ahhhh! Kelly! I like it! Not as yummy as "Jelly Bean", but I do still like it! A lot. ;) Catch up with you soon!

    McHills

    PS: Jimmy Trinket was a bit chuffed to have gotten a mention on your blog! He has elevated himself to semi-celebrity status and is now demanding that I bring him cups of tea and give him foot rubs. I told him to get stuffed. So all is good with the world! :)

     
  • At 12:50 pm, Blogger Kelly said…

    Hi Clare Eats (while we're on this topic, can I just call you Clare?), thanks for dropping by again. Hope your other half is not taking Essendon's loss on Saturday night too badly!

    Hey McHills, to be honest, I didn't even think of "Jelly Bean"! It could have been a bit naff... I reckon it's only cute when you and my mum say it. When are you going to get with the times and get your own blog?

    Hi AG, your name is cool though, so it doesn't matter that it's hard to type! (I abbreviate people's names all the time, so I hardly ever type yours out in full anyway...)

     
  • At 8:16 pm, Blogger deborah said…

    Hi Kelly! :)

     
  • At 1:17 pm, Blogger Kelly said…

    Hi Saffron, I was sure I'd posted a reply to your comment the other day, but it's disappeared off into the ether. Anyway, what I said was that I think Saffron is a cool name! Precious, rare and valuable! (And food related...)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home