The Occasional Epicure

Occasional updates on my eating and cooking adventures...

Monday, July 18, 2005

Pita Things

These pita "things" are always a huge hit. When I try to explain them to people, they look a bit sceptical and say "Sounds a bit weird! Do I need to serve them with dip?" But once they try them, they're hooked...

So, without further ado, I present you with the recipe for...

Pita Things

Fresh basil (Greek basil is best)
Crushed garlic
Grated Parmesan cheese
Butter
Pita or flat bread

Mix chopped basil, garlic and softened butter. Spread onto pitas. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese then cut into triangles. (A pizza cutter is really handy for this.) Bake on a tray at 180C for 8 to 10 minutes.

  • Lemon pepper may be substituted for the basil. This is tasty too!


  • And no, you don't need to serve them with dip. They're tasty enough on their own!


    They're delicious!

    2 Comments:

    • At 1:17 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      I have to admit that I was sceptical about the success of the "pita things" when BrisKJJ first put the idea to me. But after trying them, I just can't get enough! (The fresh herbs really help too). I've said it before, and I'll say it again....love your work Bris KJJ! xx

       
    • At 2:10 pm, Blogger Kelly said…

      Hey RJ, glad to have been able to introduce you to something so tasty!

      Hi AG, another weird coincidence! Thanks for the tip about putting lemon pepper on grilled cheese sandwiches. I'm going to try it out!

       

    Post a Comment

    << Home