The Occasional Epicure

Occasional updates on my eating and cooking adventures...

Saturday, May 21, 2005

Fresh Tassie Apples

My significant other - RJ - and I just returned from our honeymoon in Tasmania. So I've got plenty of material for this poor neglected blog! Stay tuned, because it'll probably take me ages to get everything written and posted...

On our first day in Tassie we went for an afternoon drive from Hobart to the Tahune Airwalk. Driving down the Huon Highway we noticed lots of little stands outside people's front gates selling fresh apples, potatoes and other produce using the good old honesty box system.

So we pulled up and bought a bag of apples from this stand:

When I hopped out of the car I was surrounded by the beautiful smell of fresh apples. It was delicious! I chose the tastiest looking bag of apples, put my $2 in the honesty box, and jumped back in the car. RJ and I each ate an apple straight away, and we agreed that they were the crunchiest and most delicious apples we've ever sunk our teeth into!

There were 12 apples in the bag, and they were all delicious!


3 Comments:

  • At 2:19 pm, Blogger Kelly said…

    Hi AG, thanks for the congrats :) You would definitely love Tassie. There's something for everyone down there, but especially for food lovers. And super-especially for chocoholics!

    In fact, I'm working on my Cadbury post right now!

    I'm pretty sure the apples were gala - I'm not that good at telling the difference when they don't have the handy little stickers on them!

     
  • At 9:49 pm, Blogger pinkcocoa said…

    hi hi
    The box is so cute!!! I missed out on Cadbury Factory when I was there about 5 years ago!!! ahhhhh. But we love the market in Hobart :-D

     
  • At 8:47 am, Blogger Kelly said…

    Hi again AG, next time I need an apple identified, I'll know who to call!

    Hi pinkcocoa, thanks for visiting the Occasional Epicure! Yes, the little apple shed was really adorable! Too bad you missed out on the Cadbury Factory when you were in Tasmania. I missed the Salamanca Markets, so we both have good excuses to go back again! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home