The Occasional Epicure

Occasional updates on my eating and cooking adventures...

Friday, August 05, 2005

Herb garden update

Here's a quick update on my herbs, which were so little when I first planted them.

Now they're much bigger! Surprisingly, the coriander (third from the front) has been the best grower. The basil (second from the front) did well too, but now we've eaten most of it, so it looks a little bit on the skinny side in this photo.


Herb patch

Between the herbs and the fence are six sunflowers that are growing bigger daily! I can't wait until they get really huge and start flowering!

I didn't get around to planting any chillies yet - I just keep forgetting! Stay tuned...


4 Comments:

  • At 9:25 am, Blogger Kelly said…

    Hi AG, I agree about the basil! I think the trick is to plant multiple basil bushes. I'll give that a go next time :)

     
  • At 1:48 pm, Blogger Kelly said…

    Now there's an idea! Imagine how nice your lawn would smell if it was made from basil instead of boring old grass!

    Mmm, companion planting. I'm looking forward to learning more about that from the brand new copy of the Yates Garden Guide that I got for a belated birthday present on the weekend! Thanks mum and little bro!

     
  • At 7:28 pm, Blogger Jimmy Trinket said…

    My big brother use to have a secret herb garden in his cupboard. Mum never knew about it and I remember there was always a glow coming out of it at night time when we turned the lights out. There was also a lot of foil all over the inside of the cupboard and when his friends came over they'd sure get excited about it all... it's funny the things you remember, i miss my brother.

     
  • At 1:07 pm, Blogger Kelly said…

    Jimmy Trinket! There will most definitely not be any of that type of "herb" in my little garden! Naughty boy!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home