The Occasional Epicure

Occasional updates on my eating and cooking adventures...

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Singapore - Kickapoo

Last August RJ and I visited Singapore for my friends' wedding. It was way before I had ever even set eyes upon a food blog. But because food is one of my favourite things about Singapore, I ended up taking some photos of things we ate.

I was introduced to Kickapoo by my Singaporean boss back in 2000. She went to great pains to teach me the correct pronunciation: kick-a-poe, not kick-a-poo!

When I set eyes on Kickapoo again during our 2004 trip, I had to buy some and get RJ to try it. It's fruity and refreshing!

And the name is so damn funny.




Joy Juice!


8 Comments:

  • At 7:32 pm, Blogger eat stuff said…

    Cool
    What flavour is it?

     
  • At 10:05 pm, Blogger venitha said…

    Kind of reminds me of my favorite Japanese beverage name: Calpis. Pronounced like 'cow piss'. Appetizing, no?

     
  • At 10:57 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I would've pronounced it poo too! =)

    And speaking of Calpis, I consisently snickered whenever I saw bottles of Pocari Sweat in vending machines in Japan. It's an electrolytes drink--salty and sweet (yes, of course I had to try it!)

     
  • At 11:01 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I would've pronounced it poo too! =)

    And speaking of Calpis, I consisently snickered whenever I saw bottles of Pocari Sweat in vending machines in Japan. It's an electrolytes drink--salty and sweet (yes, of course I had to try it!)

     
  • At 9:10 am, Blogger Kelly said…

    Hi Clare, it's kind of fruity and Mountain Dew-y.

    Hi Venitha, my old flatmate was a Japan-lover and she used to keep that Calpis in the fridge. I was never tempted to try it!

    Hi AG, that Sweat drink never looks appetising does it? Blegh!

     
  • At 11:08 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Kickapoo is an Indian tribe in America. I am trying to find the link as to how a drink in Malaysia and Singapore can be named after an Indian tribe miles away. I wonder if they know this

    RR

     
  • At 2:07 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    To all those confused with "Kickapoo," the idea is from an American comic book where there is this crazy drink called Kickapoo. The corporation F&N took this and capitalised upon it.

     
  • At 5:49 pm, Blogger Unknown said…

    You really have a gift for finding wonderful things!

    Drink Fridges

     

Post a Comment

<< Home