The Occasional Epicure

Occasional updates on my eating and cooking adventures...

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Freddo Frogs

When I posted about eating frog porridge in Singapore my friend McHills was somewhat disgusted. Her husband, the hilarious and talented Jimmy Trinket, offered me a prize if I could guess which movie this line came from:
Nothing's more suspicious than frog's breath!

Of course I recognised the line instantly (wink, wink) as coming from Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas.

I had kind of forgotten about it all until one day McHills arrived at my office and presented me with my prize - a supply of the more palatable variety of edible frogs.



Thanks Mr and Mrs Trinket!

Found!
Also, hello to my colleague, Ms L, who casually mentioned the other day "I found your blog last night"! I think it would be weird to suddenly find a blog about the exact baked goods that you had actually eaten, but Ms L took it very well! I'm looking forward to reading her blog one day soon!

4 Comments:

  • At 11:53 pm, Blogger venitha said…

    Frogs! Egad! Live frogs hopping in cages at the wet market are just too much. Had dinner last night at a new food court at the Esplanade, and one place had a sign up for Spicy Edible Frog Legs. Edible? What the hell?!? I mean, the whole place is serving food, right? Singapore is really whacked sometimes.

     
  • At 11:47 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OK. This bit of Kelly's blog was about CHOCOLATE frogs. Can we pretty please stop talking about the slimey, jumping-about kind of frogs now? People talking about popping CHOCOLATE frogs in their gobs I can handle... :)

    Thanks for mentioning us on your blog, KJW! It was very exciting to see that big box of those Freddos again.

    PS: Jimmy Trinket hasn't forgotten about your logo. Coming soon!!

     
  • At 12:05 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hurrah for freddo frogs!

    And I can't wait to see your new logo. Will it feature a frog? lol

     
  • At 6:39 pm, Blogger Kelly said…

    Hi Venitha, "edible food" - that's funny!

    Hi Pseudo Chef, everything's nice with ginger, soy sauce and spring onions!

    Hi McHills, don't worry. I think everyone's finished talking about the non-chocolate type of frogs now :)

    Thanks again for the Freddos! I can't wait to see what Jimmy Trinket comes up with for my logo!

    Hi AG, hurrah indeed! I remember seeing Freddos whizzing around at the Cadbury factory. It was a very exciting moment!

    I get the feeling my new logo won't be including anything frog-related... ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home