The Occasional Epicure

Occasional updates on my eating and cooking adventures...

Saturday, October 08, 2005

Choc chip cookies

My friend Matty B is famous for making these delicious choc chip cookies. He has been baking them for years and is always a Most Welcome Visitor!

Several years ago he gave me the recipe. This is the exact wording he used. I love how it's such a "boy" way to describe baking instructions :)


It makes about 36 cookies if you don't eat too much raw cookie dough!

Niki's choc chip cookie research project got me thinking about CCCs again, so I decided to whip up a batch the other day. If I'd taken them out of the oven when the timer rang at 12 minutes they would have been just right, but I thought they looked a bit pale and left them in a couple of minutes longer. They were still fine, just a little bit crunchier than ideal.


The finished product - yum!


Cookie close up


The cookie bounty - they didn't last long...

Niki, please feel free to add these to your "to be baked" list! I'm happy to be doing my bit by contributing to this important research! :)

8 Comments:

  • At 2:07 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I presume he means "mix" with electric beaters!

    These look easy and very yum. And yes, I love the no-nonsense instructions.

     
  • At 4:55 pm, Blogger Kelly said…

    Hi AG, I always just mix everything up with a fork and that seems to work! The final mixture is really crumbly and you have to squish it together at the end into balls of dough. I might try it with electric beaters next time and see what happens!

     
  • At 12:08 am, Blogger Nic said…

    These look great, Kelly. Their light color is very appealing.

     
  • At 12:40 am, Blogger venitha said…

    Aw, Kelly, your blog always makes me so hungry! These look awesome. I could eat at least a dozen. Maybe two. Good thing I'm stuck here in the land of lame desserts.

     
  • At 12:11 am, Blogger Niki said…

    Waaah! Why is it everyone can make a decent choc chip cookie besides me! I tried another batch last week and they were still bad! Post to come. My research project continues.
    Have you ever seen the blog Cooking for Engineers? He writes all his recipes in engineer grid format that I can't understand, but my bf finds ingenious!

     
  • At 11:51 am, Blogger Kelly said…

    Hi Nic, thanks! The flavour is very, very appealing!

    Hi Venitha, don't you love those cake-by-the-slice shops in Singapore? When I worked there I'd take at least one slice back to the office every day after lunch!

    Hi Niki, sorry to hear your most recent CCC experiment didn't go so well. (Hope it wasn't that other recipe I sent you - oops!) I have briefly visited Cooking for Engineers before. It's pretty cool :)

     
  • At 11:26 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I was lucky enough to get my dirty mitts on three (Yep. Three!!) of these scrum-didily-umptious cookies. They were certainly a wonderful way to make a rather ordinary day at work seem a little less nasty. Thanks again for saving my life, KJW! ;)

     
  • At 9:33 pm, Blogger Kelly said…

    Oh McHills, I'm glad to hear that these cookies saved your life! I find that baked goodies always, always improve a dud day at the office.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home